Detailed explanation of how E-Z Tire Beads® work:
After E-Z Tire Beads are installed into each tire, they begin rebalancing every time the vehicle is in motion. This process is shown in the following illustrations:
1. When the vehicle is at rest, the E-Z Tire Beads rest at the bottom of the tire.
2. As the vehicle begins to move, the beads begin spreading out on the inside surface of the tire.
3. The negative affects of an unbalanced tire (i.e. vibration) do not occur until the tire reaches a minimum critical rotational speed. This critical speed is different for all tires and vehicles. At this speed, the heavier weighted side of the tire, experiencing a centripetal force, overcomes the force of gravity and begins lifting the heavy side of the tire as it approaches the top of rotation, in turn causing the vibration.
4. At this critical speed the beads take action. When the heavy side of the tire approaches and passes through the top of rotation, the center of the mass of the tire is lifted slightly. However, the beads, which are not attached to the tire, are not acted on by this unbalanced force. They do not lift with the tire, but instead make their way to the lighter side of the tire, counter-acting the imbalance.
5. Very quickly, the needed amount of beads have shifted to balance the tire and stay in place by the centripetal forces.
Each time the vehicle stops and starts, this rebalancing occurs, ensuring that the tire remains balanced even as the characteristics of the tire change over time.
Copyright © 2015-2016 E-Z Tire Beads